Welcome to the Azure Times! Or so it seems. Lots of Azure developments since I posted one of these news aggregations.
- Reducing Windows Deployment time using Power Management: Saving up to 50% of time.
- Creating a Recovery Plan for Hyper-V VM failover to Microsoft Azure: A post I wrote for Petri.com
- Getting the Most Out of Azure Site Recovery: A post I wrote for Petri.com
- Microsoft Azure uses Error-Correcting Code memory for enhanced reliability and security: With details on testing for an exploit called "Rowhammer" .
- Protecting large data disks using Azure Site Recovery: How to overcome the issue that Azure has with data disks larger than 1 TB. Also check the comments on "write order consistency".
- New additions to the Azure VM PowerShell DSC Extension: The Azure PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) Extension team has announced some new additions to provide a seamless experience for using DSC on Azure Windows VMs.
- Allocation Failure and Remediation: Weird crap that can happen when creating, starting, or resizing a VM or adding new web instances.
- How to Create an Azure RemoteApp Template: A post I wrote for Petri.com
- Create an Azure RemoteApp Template from an Azure VM: A post I wrote for Petri.com
- Introducing RemoteApp PowerShell Cmdlets and SDK: Very useful for automating the provisioning of RemoteApp app collections
- Announcing the Preview of Disaster Recovery for VMware Virtual Machines and Physical Servers to Azure using ASR: DR in the cloud via Azure is COMING to vSphere.
- Azure VM OS drive limit has octupled: Meaning that you can migrate or replicate those badly configured VMs you created on-premises.
- New troubleshooting Remote Desktop connections topic: Figure out why you can’t RDP to an Azure VM.
- Announcing Azure App Service: Lots of stuff merging in with Websites.
- How to Create a Hybrid RemoteApp Collection: A looong post by me on Petri.com
- Backing Up Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines: A much needed feature on Azure finally arrives, even if it is a little ropey on day #2.
- Azure AD Connect Preview 2 is available: I’ve used Preview 1 to quickly connect on-prem AD to AAD for demo labs.
- What’s the best way to connect to Office 365 and Azure? Some stats on what people are actually doing.
- Announcing the Office 2016 IT Pro and Developer Preview: Announcing he IT Pro and Developer Preview of Office 2016 for the Windows desktop.
- Get ready for Skype for Business: Lync is rebranded and a new client is in preview.
- Office Delve—discover exactly what you need, when you need it: A machine learning-based way of finding stuff has gone live.
- ExpressRoute for Office 365: Bringing Azure’s hybrid WAN to O365.