Microsoft’s patch woes continue. A September update for Lync was pulled this week. Please: do not approve updates immediately; wait 1 month and let some other mug find the bugs for Microsoft.
- Scale is never a problem with Azure Websites: Starting today, Azure Websites supports above 10 load balanced instances.
- Announcing the Message Analyzer 1.1 Release: The completely indecipherable replacement for Network Monitor has just been upgraded to v1.1. I find this replacement for NetMon to be a complete mystery and the UI looks like something Symantec would come up with (random). It’s no wonder WireShark remains the #1 choice.
- Introduction to Message Analyzer 1.1: A YouTube video to give you a high-level introduction to Message Analyzer 1.1. Includes a run-through of the UI and an overview of general features.
- WDS multicasting deployment results in corrupted installation images on cluster nodes: Hotfix – Windows Deployment Services (WDS) multicasting deployment may result in corrupted installation images (Microsoft Windows Imaging (.wim) file format images), and this situation causes the installation to fail on cluster nodes.
- Azure Active Directory Sync is now GAAzure Active Directory Sync is now GA: According to this Microsoft post, AAD Sync is Microsoft’s new "one sync to rule them all".
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory Sync Services: This AD to WAD synchronisation tool went GA on Monday and is a replacement for DirSync.
- Round two of Microsoft layoffs coming September 18: More of the 18,000 are about to receive their notice.