The headline news from yesterday is that Steve Ballmer has resigned his new position from the Microsoft board to focus on “teaching” and his duties as the new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers NBA basketball franchise. He’s still the largest independent owner of MSFT stock.
- Former Microsoft CEO Ballmer steps down from the board: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is stepping down from his current role as Microsoft board member.
- Gartner names Microsoft a leader in Four Magic Quadrants: Microsoft is currently positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, x86 Server Virtualization, Enterprise Application Platform as a Service and Public Cloud Storage Services.
Virtual Machine Manager
- VMM 2012 Self-Service users cannot open a console session to a virtual machine: When you try to connect to the console session of a virtual machine (VM) that is running in Windows Server 2012 by using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager or Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1), the connection fails, and you receive the following error message – Virtual Machine Manager lost the connection to the virtual machine for one of the following reasons.
- Azure Virtual Machine Disk Encryption using CloudLink: Encrypt Windows and Linux VMs in Azure using a third-party product.
- What is Microsoft StorSimple? A post by me on Petri.com.
- Where can I find information on how to Sell, Deploy and Support Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Hybrid Cloud? Microsoft Partner Technical Services can assist you as you sell, deploy and support Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Hybrid Cloud solutions.
- SharePoint Online simplifies storage management: Anything that simplifies SharePoint is welcome!