More Azure changes. Keeping up with this is difficult!
- More changes announced: VPN Support for Azure Websites, Scalable CMS in the app gallery, role-based access control, and more stuff were announced yesterday.
- Update for Azure Backup for Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent: The agent now supports weekly backups with 120 retention points, and 9 years of retention (one recovery point every 4 weeks). You can use this version of the agent together with the Microsoft Azure Site Recovery service to protect virtual machines that are running on Windows Server 2012 R2 CORE SKU and Microsoft Hyper V Server 2012 R2 into Azure.
- Microsoft Unveils Office Delve for Office 365: A new content discovery tool that looks like Flipboard. It’s a bit "eh" for me.
- Patching Office 365 with System Center Configuration Manager 2012: Take some control over Office Click to Run using SCCM.
- Microsoft refuses to hand over foreign data, held in contempt of court: AFAIK, Microsoft (as well as every other US-owned cloud operator) needs the higher US courts to agree that data held in MSFT clouds is not MSFT-owned, and therefore outside of the jurisdiction of US agencies unless the actual owner is American and subject to US laws.