I’m delighted to announce that my employers are running the community launch of Windows Server 2016 (WS2016) in Dublin, Ireland, on October 26th, starting promptly at 10:30.
You might have heard that Microsoft announced general availability yesterday at the Ignite conference in Atlanta, USA – actual GA is mid-October with the pieces being on the October price list. Unfortunately, this will be another Windows Server and System Center release that will not be publicly launched by Microsoft Ireland. In that absence, MicroWarehouse and a selection of expert speakers from around Europe will be gathering at the Marker Hotel in Dublin to share their knowledge. These folks have been working with the technology since the first public preview nearly 2 years ago, and some have a deep knowledge that they’ve built up by working closely on testing the products, shaping their futures, and even running the previews in production!
Quite honestly, there has never been a panel of speakers put together like this before for a Microsoft event in Ireland. So far we have confirmed:
- Carsten Rachfahl (MVP, Germany)
- Didier Van Hoye (MVP, Belgium)
- Damian Flynn (MVP, Ireland)
- Kevin Greene (MVP, Ireland)
- Me (another MVP, Ireland)
There will be a keynote followed by 2 tracks of breakout sessions. The two tracks are based on the fact that WS2016 + the new Azure Stack complete Microsoft’s hybrid cloud vision:
- On premises track, focusing on Windows Server 2016 and Azure Stack
- Hybrid cloud track, looking at how we can extend IT into Microsoft Azure
I cannot tell you how much new stuff there is in WS2016 – it’s a huge product, and there’s loads more to learn about in Azure! If you are paying attention, then it’s time to update awareness of what the new platforms can do, and this launch is the place to start.
- The Marker Hotel, Grand Canal Square, Docklands, Dublin 2, D02 CK38, Ireland
- Registration opens at 10:00 on October 26th
Anyone from anywhere that wants to increase their awareness of what Windows Server 2016, Azure Stack, and Microsoft Azure can do:
- Technical, consultants, administrators, engineers
- IT sales
- Technical pre-sales & architects
- Microsoft partners
- Microsoft customers
- Students who want to be ready for the real world
There is a small fee to ensure that those who register online intend to attend the event and to discourage the “muffin munchers” that are more interested in free snacks.
The event will not be streamed online and will not be recorded.