Here’s the latest in the Microsoft world!
- Enabling Secure Boot on Linux with the Windows Technical Preview: Making use of Generation 2 VM security.
- Choose between differencing disks or dedicated disks: New functionality for SCVMM/WAP.
- Real World Site debugging using Application Insights on an Azure Website: Video where they cause some real errors in an Azure Website and then root-cause the issues by instrumenting the production site with Application Insights.
- Azure Disk IOPS and Virtual Machines in IaaS Part II: How many IOPS can be squeezed out of these machines.
- Configure Single Sign-On to Enterprise Apps using Azure Active Directory: VERY useful for controlled access to third-party SaaS.
- Microsoft Azure Network Security Whitepaper version 3 is now available: This updated white paper provides information on how customers can use Azure’s native network security features to help protect their information assets.
- Create Reports of Your Automation Activity: Due to the importance of the automated tasks, it’s important for you and your team to be up-to-date on how your runbooks are performing.
- Announcing Azure Preview Portal Improvements (February Update): This post contains a detailed description of the changes.
- SQL Server High Availability in Windows Azure Iaas: When deploying SQL Server in Windows Azure you must consider how to minimize both planned and unplanned downtime.
- Using Azure Key Vault to Encrypt Data in the Cloud: Azure Key Vault gives organizations access to Hardware Security Module (HSM) appliances in the cloud, providing the ability to better secure VMs and SQL Server data.
- 3 Ways to Connect to the Office 365 Reporting Service from Excel: One option for viewing Office 365 reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft cracks down on sell-and-go Office 365 VARs: Microsoft is worried about O365 implementation rates at large customer sites where O365 is sold as a bundle, and not necessarily seen as essential by the customer/partner.
- What Would Steve Jobs Have Done With Microsoft? A post by me on Petri.com
Technorati Tags: Microsoft,Hyper-V,Windows Server 2016,Linux,System Center,VMM,WAP,Azure,Cloud,Cloud Computing,Hybrid Cloud,Storage,Active Directory,Networking,Security,PowerShell,Scripting,SQL,Office 365,Licensing
Please follow and like us: