I am live blogging this session. Refresh to see more.
Speaker: Claus Joergensen
I arrived in 15 minutes late so the start of this is missing. Claus was finishing off a refresh on Storage Spaces.
The session so far seems to be aimed at beginners to SOFS – of which there are plenty. I will not take detailed notes on this piece unless I hear something I haven’t heard before.
- Can I use SOFS for IQ workloads. Not recommended. Design for the files of Hyper-V, SQL.
- CSV Cache Size? As big as you can. e.g. 64 GB
- Uses SOFS as file share witness for Hyper-V clusters? yes, but specific instructions
- How many nodes? 2-4 nodes in a SOFS
- Evaluate performance? Not file copy. Use DiskSpd
- Disable NetBIOS? Yes. It can reduce failover times.