In other news, Apple proves that wearable devices are a pointless Gartner-esque fad, and those preachy tax-avoiding frakkers, U2, suck donkey balls.
- Boot a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Using PXE: A post I wrote for Petri.com
System Center Operations Manager
- OM12 Sizing Helper: This is a Windows Phone app version of the OpsMgr 2012 Sizing Helper document.
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Data Protection and More: A new white paper provides in-depth information about protecting critical data in Azure at every layer, whether structured or unstructured, in-transit, or at-rest.
- Microsoft Azure Hybrid Connection Client: This download installs the Hybrid Connection Client which enables your Azure VM or a Web/Worker Role instance to access your on-premises data & services using Hybrid Connections.
- Windows Azure Poster: I’m sure this will be out of date by the end of the week (if not already).
- Scaling Azure VM with Azure Automation, with help of Azure SQL: Using Azure Automation to power down/up VMs when they are not needed, i.e. save money.
- Step-By-Step – Enabling A Primary AD FS Server in Azure for Office365 Single Sign-On: This Step-By-Step will provide instruction to setup a primary AD FS 3.0 server on a Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual machine in Azure. This is how you can overcome dependency on HQ Internet connection for roaming O365 users.
- Microsoft rumored to be poised to buy Minecraft creator for $2 billion: This blocky game is the hottest thing with kids. I’ve spent many an hour *cough* helping *yes, helping* with constructions & adventures on an iPad and Xbox. And to be honest, it is a good problem solving game and it encourages kids to interact, based on what I’ve observed.