The idiotic US government is continuing in their quest to kill off all US interests in cloud computing, thanks to “justice” Plesk contemplating placing contempt of court charges on Microsoft. Sad thing is, the contempt is justified.
- Installing a guest OS from a Windows ISO image: A Hyper-V post by me on Petri.com
- What Is AutoRecovery.avhdx all about? Learn how this temporary VHDX is used by Hyper-V for backing up VMs.
- ‘Unnamed VM’ could not initialize… The security ID structure is invalid (0x80070539): A permissions issue that can occur when importing VMs.
- Deploying Virtual Machines in Azure using Service Manager and SMA Part III: Using on-premises automation to deploy VMs in Azure.
- Windows Azure Pack Tool: Enables you to execute tasks through a simple menu. In this version Windows Azure Pack Tool includes the following functions: Change default URLs, Add admin users and more!
- Azure Site Recovery – Our Commitment to Keeping Your Data Secure: ASR was designed ground up as a hybrid IT service composed of both cloud & on-premises components aligning to Microsoft’s privacy commitments.
- Azure AD – Under the hood of our geo-redundant, highly available, distributed cloud directory: Answering lots of questions. This is clever stuff.
- Create your own dedicated MySQL Server for your Azure Websites: Set up MySQL in Azure VMs to have total control and multi-purposing.
- Windows Azure Virtual Machine Monitoring with WAD Extension: With the launch of the Azure preview portal and the support for the Azure extension model, there are new diagnostic capabilities available that will help you better monitor your Azure IaaS VMs with very little setup and configuration.
- Judge mulls contempt charges in Microsoft’s e-mail privacy fight with US: The borders & warrants issue continues, as does the stupidity of the US government. A simple request to the Irish government would have given them the data they wanted last year, assuming it was a legitimate request in the first place!
Technorati Tags: Microsoft,Hyper-V,Windows Server 2012 R2,System Center,WAP,PowerShell,Azure,Cloud,Cloud Computing
2 thoughts on “Microsoft News Summary – 3 September 2014”
I really liked your Post regarding the installation of a Guest OS from a Windows ISO Image.
However, after following all the steps described I fired up the VM (Gen2) and had to recognize that the VHDX is made for a Gen1 VM.
I’d like to keep my VMs (specially the newly created ones) using the latest generation.
Is it possible to create this VHDX for a Gen2 VM?
Ah yes, Generation 1 and Generation 2 are incompatible due to their different ways of booting. Check out this unsupported script: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Convert-VMGeneration-81ddafa2#content. The process would be convoluted, but you can do it.