Here’s the latest from the last 24 hours:
- New – Configurable Idle Timeout for Azure Load Balancer: Microsoft announced that the Azure Load Balancer now supports configurable TCP Idle timeout for your Cloud Services and Virtual Machines. This feature can be configured using the Service Management API, PowerShell or the service model.
- Integrate System Center Advisor into Operations Manager Dashboards: Drive System Center Advisor search using Operations Manager dashboards.
- Introduction to Azure Backup: What we expect to be the hottest selling Azure feature for SMEs.
- Old IPv4 Router Settings May Be Causing Internet Slowdowns This Week: The number of routes across the Internet is beginning to exceed the number that IPv4 routers were set to handle.
- Understanding the files collected by the Test-StorageHealth.ps1 PowerShell script: Understand the results of health and capacity tests done to a Storage Cluster based on Windows Server 2012 R2 Scale-Out File Servers.
- Bare Metal Post-Deployment – Running the Post-Deployment Automation and Bonus – Part 5: Final part in this VMM series.
- Businesses Using Windows Server 2003 Could Face VISA & MASTERCARD Backlash: End of support in July 2015 = 2015 no more security patches = security vulnerabilities = no PCI compliance = bankruptcy.
- Edge Show115 – Azure AD Connect Preview (configuring hybrid identity with Azure AD): This video takes an exclusive look at Azure AD Connect to implement hybrid identity. Jen Field (Senior Program Manager Azure AD Fabric) takes us through using the new deployment tool to deploy Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Directory Sync (DirSync / AAD Sync), Azure AD and the accompanying SSL certificates. These are components that you’ll commonly deploy for Office 365, Windows Intune and more.
- Replacing TMG with IIS ARR for an Exchange Hybrid: Lots of people looking to replace the now-dead Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway.