Greetings from Belgium where I will be presenting a Hyper-V over SMB 3.0 session (designing & implementing a SOFS) at E2EVC, a community virtualization conference. Here is the Microsoft news of the last 24 hours. It appears that the momentum to signing up to support and partner with Azure is growing.
- KB: Configuring and Troubleshooting Operating System Deployment in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: While there are no simple guides to implement something as powerful and complex as OSD, this article describes the step-by-step process for configuring System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr 2012) to capture an existing Windows image, then walks you through creating a Client Package and Task Sequence to deploy and install that image.
- TechEd NA 2014 Interview: Microsoft GM Mike Shutz Discusses End User Computing and More: Part 2 of my interview with Mike Schutz, where I start of by asking “should IT pros fear the cloud” and then move into end-user management and mobile device management.
- Recreate a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure: Learn how to quickly recreate a virtual machine configuration in Microsoft Azure without having to reinstall or back up the virtual hard disk.
- Understand OData Services with Windows Azure Pack IaaS: This topic provides basic information about what OData is and how it works. This is extremely important because IaaS for Windows Azure Pack is offered through an OData service, specifically by Service Provider Foundation through the Service Management API. If you are new to OData, it would benefit you to read this entire topic.
- Microsoft Azure users to get access to Salesforce tools: Microsoft Azure users will soon get access to Salesforce.com’s customer management tools, following the announcement of a new strategic partnership between the two firms.