It’s been a slow few days for news. Here’s what popped up overnight.
- Deploy a Windows 8.1 Image Using MDT 2013: This topic will show you how to take your reference image for Windows 8.1, and deploy that image to your environment using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and MDT 2013 specifically.
- Microsoft Surface-branded Miracast dongle leaks: Unconfirmed rumour that MSFT is making a miracast device. I have a 3rd party one – could not make it work with Windows.
- Script Browser & Script Analyzer 1.2: The best way to learn scripting is to reuse examples. This add-on helps you browse and use such examples of PowerShell in the built-in ISE editor.
- How to create a hybrid deployment of RemoteApp: A solution where you can connect your on-premises network to the hosted RDS service via a site-to-site VPN.
- Scott Guthrie – Lots of Azure Stuff Launched: A list of the new features of Azure from the new head of Server & Tools, as launched at TechEd.
- Persisting connections to Microsoft Azure Files: This post will concentrate on how you can create a persistent connection to an Azure File share so that after a VM reboots, the share will be available for your scheduled tasks, applications, or logged in user.