Microsoft has released UR2 for System Center 2012 SP1 via Windows Update. That means you’ll auto download and deploy (pending manual/auto approval on your part) this update via WSUS, etc. You can also manually download the updates to each product.
Note that VMM is not included this time around and OpsMgr has quite a few updates.
Please test and then update yours or your customers’ sites to improve the performance and stability of your System Center deployments. For consultants, this is an opportunity for you do do a little *ahem* sales, and see if there are some further deployments/customisations that you can do for your clients.
App Controller (KB2815569)
- Issue 1: You cannot change the virtual machine network of deployed virtual machines.
- Issue 2: The network connection is set to None after you view the network properties of a deployed virtual.
- Issue 3: You cannot view the virtual networks for a virtual machine.
- Issue 4: When you change the virtual network in App Controller, you receive the following error message:
- Issue 5: You cannot copy VMs that have multiple processors or large amounts of memory from VMM to a Windows Azure.
- Issue 6: App Controller requires Microsoft Silverlight 5 but links to the download page for Silverlight 4.
- Issue 7: An argument null exception may occur if network connectivity is interrupted.
App Controller Setup (KB2823452)
- Issue 1: App Controller cannot be installed if the Microsoft SQL Server database server name starts with a number.
- Issue 2: Setup incorrectly reports that the SQL Server database has insufficient disk space.
- Issue 3: Setup is unsuccessful when it tries to enable Internet Information Services (IIS).
Operations Manager (KB2826664)
- Issue 1: The Web Console performance is very poor when a view is opened for the first time.
- Issue 2: The alert links do not open in the Web Console after Service Pack 1 is applied for Operations Manager.
- Issue 3: The Distributed Applications (DA) health state is incorrect in Diagram View.
- Issue 4: The Details Widget does not display data when it is viewed by using the SharePoint webpart.
- Issue 5: The renaming of the SCOM group in Group View will not work if the user language setting is not "English (United States)."
- Issue 6: An alert description that includes multibyte UTF-8 characters is not displayed correctly in the Alert Properties view.
- Issue 7: The Chinese (Taiwan) Web Console displays a wrong message.
- Issue 8: The APM to IntelliTrace conversion is broken when alerts are generated from dynamic module events
- Issue 9: Connectivity issues to System Center services are fixed.
- Issue 10: High CPU problems are experienced in Operations Manager UI.
- Issue 11: Query processor runs out of internal resources and cannot produce a query plan when you open Dashboard views.
- Issue 12: Path details are missing for "Objects by Performance."
Operations Manager – UNIX and Linux Monitoring (Management Pack Update) (KB2828653)
- Issue 1: The Solaris agent could run out of file descriptors when many multi-version file systems (MVFS) are mounted.
- Issue 2: Logical and physical disks are not discoverable on AIX-based computers when a disk device file is contained in a subdirectory.
- Issue 3: Rules and monitors that were created by using the UNIX/Linux Shell Command templates do not contain some parameters.
- Issue 4: Process monitors that were created by the UNIX/Linux Process Monitoring template cannot save in an existing management.
- Issue 5: The Linux agent cannot install on a CentOS or Oracle Linux host by using FIPS version of OpenSSL 0.9.8.
Service Manager (KB2828618)
- Issue 1: If the number of "Manual Activities" displayed in the Service Manager Portal exceeds a certain limit, page loads may time out.
- Issue 2: Incorrect cleanup of a custom related type causes grooming on the EntityChangeLog table to stall.
- Issue 3: Service requests complete unexpectedly because of a race condition between workflows.
- Issue 4: The console crashes when you double-click a parent incident link on an extended incident class.
- Issue 5: PowerShell tasks that were created by using the authoring tool do not run because of an incorrect reference.
- Issue 6: The Exchange management pack is stuck in a Pending state after management pack synchronization.
- Issue 1: The Monitor SNMP Trap activity publishes incorrect values for strings when a Microsoft SNMP Trap Service connection is used.
- Issue 2: Inconsistent results when you use Orchestrator to query an Oracle database.
Data Protection Manager (KB2822782)
- Issue 1: An express full backup job in SC 2012 SP1 may stop responding on a Hyper-V cluster that has 600 or more VMs.
- Issue 2: When a SC 2012 SP1 item level restore operation is performed on a SharePoint the restore is unsuccessful.
- Issue 3: When you open DPM on a computer that is running SC 2012 SP1, the Welcome screen does not indicate the correct version of SP1.
- Issue 4: When you perform a disconnected installation of the DPM 2012 SP1 agent, you receive an error message.
- Issue 5: When you use DPM 2012 SP1 for tape backup, a checksum error may occur when the WriteMBC workflow is run.
- Issue 6: Backups of CSV volumes may be unsuccessful with metadata file corruption in DPM 2012 SP1.
- Issue 7: The DPM console may require more time to open than expected when many client systems are being protected.