The SMSE (System Management Suite Enterprise) and SMSD (System Management Suite Datacenter) are System Center agent packs that you can buy for virtualisation hosts to manage the host and virtual machines on that host.
Today, the SMSE/D just got an additional feature boost with the inclusion of Avicode 5.7.
Avicode is a solution for monitoring the performance of .NET applications. As you may know, the application is everything in the current age of the cloud. Avicode allows you to:
Simplify management with automatic discovery of application dependencies.
- Addresses custom LOB monitoring without the need for extensive MP authoring
- Graphical application topology view displays dependency between distributed components
Optimise business productivity with always-on, real-time monitoring, and rapid error resolution of business critical applications
- End-user experience and application performance monitoring are critical for virtual datacenter and cloud environments
- Identifies precise cause of application error allowing delivery of actionable information to the proper support team for faster resolution
Lower the cost of managing datacenter services by establishing enterprise-wide standards to manage custom and disparate applications
- Distributed web services and outside-in monitoring
- Monitor and measure service-level delivery (SLAs)
Oh here’s the cool bit: Avicode integrates with System Center Operations Manager 2007, the Microsoft enterprise monitoring solution.