The following updates were released by Microsoft on Patch Tuesday:
- MS06-052 – addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows
- MS06-053 – addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows
- MS06-054 – addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Office
They also re-released the following 2 security updates on September 12, 2006:
- MS06-040 – addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows
- MS06-042 – addresses a vulnerability in Internet Explorer, a component of Windows
As usual, it is recommened that you test these updates before deploying them on your network. BTW, there have been some rumblings on the net about a performance hit and/or machines failing to start up after this months deployments. I’ve not had any problems myself but there have been some problems with updates over the last two or three months … please make use of the free VM solutions that are out there or the targetting mechanisms built into SMS/WSUS and test before you deploy.