I arrived late for this session because I was in a meeting. They were doing a demo of Azure Migrate.
Azure Migrate fo Discovery And Assessment
- Agentless discovery
- TCO calculation
- Right-size and suitability
- Azure Platform
The are “announcing” support for Hyper-V – it’s still in limited private preview.
Third Party Solutions
Cloudamize is just an assessment tool
- Indepth performance analysis
- Right-size compute and stoage options.
- TCO calculations
- Assessments for migration to Azure SQL
- Integrates into ASR to do the migration
Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
- Easy to onboard – appliance wizard for VMware
- Broad coverage for Windows and Linux
- UEFI support for VMware and physical machines – converted to BIOS
- W2008 32-bit support
They do a demo of Zerto for migrations. Then they demo CloudEndure.
They’re trying to simplify the process. Starting a limited private preview:
Assess > Migrate & modernize > optimize > secure & manage.
Going to use the new tabbed UI in the Azure Portal. You can import and assessment into a migration. Pick the ready machines that you want to migrate, optionally apply HUB and overrise VM sizing, OS disk, and availability set membership. This migration experience will ideally be used by the 3rd parties too.
One thought on “Microsoft Ignite 2018–Azure Migrate”