Another niche scenario bug is fixed in this update by Microsoft, affecting the following Windows versions/editions:
- Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- You create iSCSI connections to multiple iSCSI targets which are storage arrays.
- There are frequent iSCSI session connections and disconnections, such as logical unit number (LUN) arrivals and removals.
In this scenario, a silent read/write data corruption can occur on an iSCSI LUN.
There is a bunch of links for downloading updates to resolve the issue, depending on your OS and architecture. See the original post by Microsoft for links.