I will be speaking at an event in London UK called The Path To Windows 8.
The Path to Windows 8 event brings together the brightest IT professionals from around the world to talk about Windows 8 and how Microsoft can help you migrate your current desktop infrastructure to Windows 8.
In addition, the team will demonstrate all aspects of a Windows migration and, with Windows XP life support ending april 2014, it is time to learn what and how you can do these tasks.
- Date: 5 July 2013
- Location: Microsoft UK Cardinal Place, 80-100 Victoria St, London SW1E 5JL
- Capacity: 104 people
- Click here to register
- 8:30 – 9:30 Registration
- 9:30 – 10:00 Keynote, Edward Cook – Microsoft Partner Technology Advisor
- 10:00 – 11:15 Path to Windows 8, David Nudelman – Microsoft MVP
- 11:15 – 12:30 Successful migrations to Windows 8 with Configuration Manager, Raphael Perez – RFL Systems – Microsoft MVP
- 12:30 – 13:15 Lunch Break and Networking
- 13:15 – 14:30 Creating your Configuration Manager Infrastructure with Hyper-V, Aidan Finn – Technical Sales Lead at MicroWarehouse – Microsoft MVP
- 14:30 – 15:45 The Future of Desktop, Simon May – Microsoft Evangelist
- 15:45 – 16:00 Break
- 16:00 – 16:45 Ask the experts and Prize draw
Technorati Tags: Hyper-V,Virtualisation,System Center,ConfigMgr
One thought on “Event – The Path To Windows 8”
This was the first Windows 8 related post I found so…
Have you tried using Windows 8 Hyper-V on a 802.1x secured network? Looks like the Hyper-V Virtual Switch is not compatible. With each reboot, we have to move the switch to “internal” let the physical NIC authenticate, then move the switch back to External. Otherwise, neither the Windows 8 host/client or its VMs have network access.
A few other users are reporting it too: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itpronetworking/thread/341cbe70-3fa7-4991-a7e4-4f1af63df4d0/