Microsoft has updated the guidance on disk duplication and image deployment for all supported versions of Windows including Win8 and WS2012.
There is an interesting note on cloning Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. The following problems might happen:
- Tile, badge, and toast notifications do not update even though Internet connectivity is available.
- Apps that rely on RAW notification do not work as expected. For example, you notice significantly reduced functionality in Mail, Calendar, and Messaging.
- It takes a long time to synchronize changes for roaming and family safety settings.
Either of these fixes will solve the problem:
- Configure the computers by using the Sysprep /generalize command, and then deploy the image.
- Replace the existing user account with a new account. The device identifier is stored as part of the user profile. Each new NTUser account that is added to a computer will receive a new identifier.