Thanks to Dutch Exchange MVP, Jetze Mellema, for raising this one. Jetze is doing a lot of Exchange 2010 work over in the Netherlands. He tweeted today about something he’d seen.
When you try to set up Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 on a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, the setup process may fail. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
"An error occurred with error code ‘2147504141’ and message ‘The property cannot be found in the cache.’"
KB980050 discusses the solution:
To resolve this problem, disable time synchronization in the Hyper-V Manager console. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Hyper-V Manager console.
- Locate and Right-click the virtual machine on which you want to install Exchange Server 2010, and then click Settings.
- Click the Management section in the Settings tab, and then click Integration Services.
- Click to clear the Time synchronization check box, and then click OK.
- Install Exchange Server 2010 on the virtual machine.
Technorati Tags: Exchange 2010,Hyper-V
One thought on “The Exchange Server 2010 Setup On Hyper-V Fails With 2147504141 Error”
Thanks, I think very soon I might face the same problem, as I’m gonna need to upgrade from 2007 to 2010.