When you try to set up Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 on a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, the setup process may fail. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
"An error occurred with error code ‘2147504141’ and message ‘The property cannot be found in the cache.’"
KB980050 discusses the solution:
To resolve this problem, disable time synchronization in the Hyper-V Manager console. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Hyper-V Manager console.
- Locate and Right-click the virtual machine on which you want to install Exchange Server 2010, and then click Settings.
- Click the Management section in the Settings tab, and then click Integration Services.
- Click to clear the Time synchronization check box, and then click OK.
- Install Exchange Server 2010 on the virtual machine.