I learned today that the price of Office 365 is increasing, at least in the Euro zone. The breakdown is as follows:
- Every SKU except E3/E4 is going up by 10%
- E3 and E4 are going up by 8%
- 365 Pro Plus is not increasing
As well as that we will see other online prices going up:
- CRM Online by 10%
- EMS by a whopping 26%
We already know that user (not device) CALs for on-prem products are going up by roughly 13%:
- Core CAL Suite
- Enterprise CAL Suite
- Exchange Server Standard & Enterprise CALs
- Lync Server Standard, Enterprise, & Plus CALs
- Project Server CAL
- SharePoint Standard & Enterprise CAL
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Endpoint Protection
- System Center Client Management Suite
- Windows Server CAL
- Windows RDS & RMS CAL
- Windows MultiPoint CAL
VDA pricing is going up by 9% approximately.
My advice: if you’re buying soon then buy now, and enter a volume license agreement that locks in your pricing for X years. A good distributor or LAR can give you the correct advice. That’s fine for the on-prem stuff, but cloud services are subject to fluctuation, even in volume licensing.
To any “journalist” that decides to quote this post: my name is Aidan Finn.
As usual, I will not be answering licensing questions. That’s the job of your reseller, LAR, or distributor.