Here’s the latest in the Microsoft world. Shame on Lenovo for pre-installing adware that is a man-in-the-middle attack. Crapware must die!
- Hyper-V Backup doesn’t interrupt running virtual machines (anymore): A post on the improved backup in Hyper-V, moving to a file-based backup.
- Manage Tenant Database Workloads with Resource Governor in Azure Pack: As of the Azure Pack Update Rollup 5 release, WAP administrators can now use the functionality of SQL Server 2014 Resource Governor in WAP to manage tenant workloads on the same SQL Server.
- New updates to Cloud App Discovery: Improvements to the third most actively used feature of Azure AD.
- New features in Azure Backup – Long term retention, offline backup seeding and more: The official announcement of the Feb 9th update to the agent, plus features with DPM 2012 R2 UR5.
- Microsoft Azure Site Recovery Bandwidth Requirements: A post I wrote for Petri.com
- Enterprise-Grade Array-Based Replication and Disaster Recovery with ASR and System Center – Now Generally Available: With System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and Azure Site Recovery, our customers can get seamless end-to-end storage array-based replication and disaster recovery.
- Office everywhere, encryption everywhere: An update on availability and security.
- Microsoft Adds Management Capabilities to Outlook Apps for Android and iOS Devices: Microsoft this week announced some new IT controls for its Outlook apps running on Android and iOS devices.
- Practice Accelerator – a Microsoft Partner Network Training asset for IT managers: An online, interactive training that provides managed partners with Microsoft Consulting Services-defined deployment best practices and guidance, to help you grow profitable businesses around a specific Microsoft solution.
- Microsoft adopts first international cloud privacy standard: Microsoft Azure, both Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online are ISO/IEC 27018 compliant.
- Latest innovations in Office 365 compliance: Following on from above.
- Lenovo Accused of Installing Adware on New PCs: Crapware must be stopped.
Technorati Tags: Microsoft,Hyper-V,Virtualisation,Backup,System Center,Cloud,Cloud Computing,Hybrid Cloud,DR,Storage,Office,Office 365,Security
Please follow and like us: