There are a lot of upset people because of (1) the Azure outage and (2) how Microsoft communicated during the outage. We had a couple of affected customers. The only advice I can give to Microsoft is:
- Don’t deploy your updates to everything at the same time.
- Now you know how customers feel when bad updates are issued. Bring back complete testing.
- Communicate clearly during an issue – that includes sending emails to affected customers. You’ve got monitoring systems & automation – use them. Heck, you even blogged about how (Azure) Automation could be used by customers to trigger actions.
- Backup Jobs Failing Post Nov Rollup Install: Hyper-V PM Taylor Brown has an update.
- Microsoft Azure Services Hit By Widespread Outages: There’s a lot of anger out there because of how Microsoft reported these issues.
- Update on Azure Storage Service Interruption: A little bit of information on the issues of the previous 24 hours.
- Create a Multi-NIC VM with a Public IP in Azure: Take advantage of this new feature.
- An Overview of the Microsoft Cloud Platform System: A post by me on Petri.com about Microsoft CPS.
Technorati Tags: Microsoft,Hyper-V,Windows Server 2012,WIndows Server 2012 R2,Backup,Azure,Storage,Cloud,Cloud Computing,Networking,Virtualisation,Hardware
Please follow and like us: