This week’s Microsoft news has been dominated by the cryptic letter by Satya Nadella and the pending (and obviously required) layoffs after the completion Nokia acquisition. Let’s stick to the techie stuff:
- Windows Azure Pack – Active Directory Design Choices: A post on design considerations for Active Directory in a Windows Azure Pack environment.
- Azure Site Recovery adds InMage Scout to Its Portfolio for Any Virtual and Physical Workload Disaster Recovery: Microsoft recently acquired InMage to expand the services of ASR. InMage’s flagship product Scout (to replicate VMware or even on physical servers) is now available as a limited period free trial from the Azure Site Recovery management portal.
- Step-by-Step: RemoteApp Hybrid Deployment–Part 2: Completing a previous post.
- An update to enable an automatic update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1: This article describes an update that enables Windows RT to update to Windows RT 8.1 and that enables Window 8 to update to Windows 8.1. See the prerequisites before you install the update.
- VNet-to-VNet VPNs in Microsoft Azure: A post of mine on Petri.com
- Create and Configure a File Share using Azure Files: Using the new Azure Files feature.
- Managing SMB Multichannel in SMB 3.0: What is SMB Multichannel and how does it select NICs to use?
- Cisco Doubles Down on Data Center with Microsoft: Cisco announced a multi-year sales and go-to-market agreement with Microsoft designed to modernize data centers through the delivery and acceleration of integrated solutions including Cisco Unified Computing System™ (UCS), Cisco Nexus® switching and Microsoft Cloud OS solutions including Windows Server, System Center, SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.