There is a lot of reading material this morning.
- "Not enough disk space" error when you run a V2V conversion to a CSV in Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012: When you try to perform a virtual to virtual (V2V) conversion to a cluster shared volume in Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM 2012), the cluster that you selected may have a placement rating of zero stars (unacceptable).
- VDI Starter Kit v1.0 is now available for download: The VDI SK is a Windows PowerShell-based kit that automates the non-production deployment of a Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) VDI solution for the purposes of evaluation or testing.
- Why and How to Use Linux Integration Services: Brad Anderson has some links on Hyper-V case studies and an article in a Linux magazine.
- Basic Tier Virtual Machines: Microsoft recently launched this lower cost, fewer features VM specification. This blog runs on one of these kinds of Azure VMs.
- Microsoft announces expansion of OneDrive for Business: Expands from 25 GB to 1 TB. O365 ProPlus now customers get it as a part of their subscription. They mention something about migration, but AFAIK, only the USA data centers have such a facility – it’s a courier partnering challenge.
- Microsoft must release email data held on Dublin server: This is a reminder that data centers owned by American corporations must comply with USA court orders – NO MATTER WHERE THE DATA CENTRE IS LOCATED … no exceptions.
- Availability of Update to Windows Intune for Windows Phone 8.1 and Samsung KNOX Standard: Microsoft started rolling out an update to Windows Intune which will provide support for Windows Phone 8.1 as well support for Samsung Galaxy devices supported with the KNOX platform.
- Getting the most out of Hyper-V Dynamic Memory: My Petri post discusses various strategies for configuring Dynamic Memory.
- Azure vs Amazon vs Rackspace vs HP vs Google: Cloud Storage Infographic: A nice summary of how these storage systems in the cloud stack up against each other. I can’t say I’m surprised that a certain storage company came in last.
- E2EVC 2014 Los Angeles Agenda: The community virtualization conference is coming to the USA for the first time.
- Offline Servicing of VHDs against WSUS: A handy script to update offline virtual hard disks.
- Hyper-V Amigos Episode 3 – Live Migration: A couple of MVPs talk Hyper-V Live Migration.
Technorati Tags: Windows Server 2012,Cloud,Office 365,Intune,Events,Hyper-V,Virtualisation,Azure,Windows Server 2012 R2,VDI,Remote Desktop Services,Linux,System Center,VMM
Please follow and like us: